Abdus SamadAssociate, Dubai Office
Email Abdus Samad
Mr Samad joined Afridi & Angell in 2012. He specialises in M&A and transactional work, as well as general corporate/commercial matters. He has extensive knowledge and experience in cross-border transactional and corporate advisory matters, including complex acquisitions and divestures, for a broad range of public and private clients.
Some of his notable transactions include:
- Advising SAP Ariba on compliance obligations in the UAE including requirements to comply with UAE data protection and privacy laws. This was also a global matter where Afridi & Angell acted as UAE counsel.
- Advising the seller in the sale of three related schools in the Emirate of Sharjah for US$100 million. The seller will continue to own the property on which the schools are built and will lease the property to the purchaser as part of the completion requirements.
- Advising the vendors on the sale of an eighty percent stake in a Dubai-based school to a GCC private equity firm for AED 200 million.
- Advising the vendor on the sale of its interest in a UAE based manufacturer of aerosols and sealants.
- Advising a group of investors on their investment in a Dubai based food and beverage business. Advising a client on the structuring and set-up of its joint venture operations in the DIFC.
- Advising an international real estate brokerage on the set-up of its UAE franchise.
- Advising multiple banking clients on the implementation of the UAE Direct Debit System.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Banking and Financial Services
- Corporate and Commercial
QUALIFICATIONS AND ADMISSIONS
- Punjab Bar Council
- LLB, Kings College London, 2011
- Directories' Duties in DIFC, Afridi & Angell inBrief, 25 April 2019
- Ultimate Beneficial Ownership Regulations, Afridi & Angell inBrief, 21 April 2019
- Merger Clearance Matters, Afridi & Angell inBrief, 14 February 2019
- Confidentiality Under Renewed Focus, Afridi & Angell inBrief, 4 December 2018
- The Mergers & Acquisitions Review, The Law Reviews, 2018
- Merger Control Reform, The Oath, June 2018
- Blockchain: Hype vs Reality, Afridi & Angell inBrief, 23 April 2018
- Venture Capital Investment in the United Arab Emirates: Market and Regulatory Overview, Practical Law Global Guide, 2017
- UAE Excise Tax: What you need to know!, The Oath, Issue 68, November 2017
- Opportunities in Dubai's Healthcare Sector, Afridi & Angell inBrief, October 2017
- New Ministerial Decision brings clarity to Private Joint Stock Companies, Afridi & Angell inBrief, September 2017
- Evolution of the UAE, Legal Business, May 2017
- The Private Wealth & Private Client Review (UAE chapter), 5th edition, 2016, Law Business Research
- UAE Legislation Update: New Rules of the Game, The Lawyer, November 2015