Arbitration is a favoured forum for dispute resolution in the UAE, especially in relation to disputes arising out of complex or high value transactions. The arbitration landscape in the UAE will be fundamentally changed once Federal Law No. 6 of 2018 (the new Arbitration Law) comes into effect. The provisions of the new Arbitration Law will affect not only the conduct of arbitrations and enforcement of awards, but will also affect considerations at the time of entering into an arbitration agreement, making it relevant to both disputes and corporate lawyers.
Afridi & Angell will hold a breakfast seminar in Dubai where they will discuss the practical implications of the Arbitration Law including:
- The application of the new law
- Factors to be taken into account to ensure a valid arbitration agreement
- Asserting preliminary objections in arbitration and in court
- Conducting arbitrations under the new law
- Obtaining and enforcing interim awards
- Successfully enforcing or challenging arbitration awards
For more information on the seminar, please contact Janette Wagstaff at +971 4 330 3900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.