Afridi & Angell’s Dispute Resolution practice is unrivalled.
We regularly advise on complex construction, real estate, employment, financial services regulation as well as general contractual disputes and maritime issues. Our Dispute Resolution team is one of the most successful teams in the region. We appear directly in arbitration and in the DIFC courts and instruct UAE counsel for matters in the UAE courts. Our presence in the UAE for over 35 years has resulted in very close working relationships with UAE advocates and, in litigation matters, this aids the essential roles of instructing and supervising UAE counsel.
- Advising a prominent trading group in connection with a dispute relating to construction of steel structure package for logistics facility in Dubai Investments Park.
- Advised developer as Respondent in respect of multi-million dollar claims asserted by contractor in respect of multi-use building project.
- Advised and assisted Government utility in negotiating settlement of claims by consortium of international contractors.
- Advised in connection with the settlement of multi-billion dirham of dredging contract in relation to a Dubai World project.
- Acted for a major Dubai investment company in an intra-shareholder dispute in respect of investments relating to an edible-oil factory.