Infrastructure and Project Finance
Our Infrastructure and Project Finance team sets the pace for the energy industry in the region.
We have built a strong reputation for advising developers, investors, lenders and other participants in infrastructure transactions. We have successfully advised stakeholders on all aspects of infrastructure projects from inception to financing and implementation, often in challenging circumstances. Many of the projects on which the team has advised have been groundbreaking in terms of the particular type of infrastructure in question and the financing backing the project.
- Advised in a US$25 million syndicated quasi-project finance Ijara transaction to finance the expansion of a power plant at Hadramout in Yemen.
- Advised a Saudi-owned buyer, Creative Energy Resources, on acquiring a stake in a 586MW Uch CCGT facility in Pakistan from an affiliate of GE Energy Financial Services.
- Represented a development consortium consisting of a multinational power company and a group of companies as lead counsel on the sale of a majority interest in a 450 MW Independent Power Project in Pakistan.
- Represented an energy company and sponsors as lead counsel in charge of establishing an 84 MW Hydel Power Plant in Kashmir.
- Advised a Dubai-based master developer in drafting and finalising a US$9.9 billion dredging contract, believed to be the largest dredging contract in history.
- Represented the lenders, in the United Kingdom, on a 225 MW Power Plant in Punjab.
- Acted for a joint venture comprising of international port operators with regard to the establishment of the first independent container terminal in Pakistan.
- Represented the stakeholders (which included a well-known EU energy house, and a US gas/power house) as lead counsel on establishment of an LNG Import Terminal and Integrated Pipe-line and IPP Project in Pakistan.
- Advised a publicly listed UAE company regarding the establishment of a US$200 million float glass plant in Abu Dhabi.