Private Equity and Acquisitions
Our Private Equity and Acquisitions team advises local, regional and international investors on a full range of private equity transactions, acquisitions and divestments.
We advise in connection with acquiring interests in limited liability companies share and asset acquisitions, venture capital financings, mezzanine, later stage and bridge financings, management buy-outs and reorganisations. We design solutions that can accommodate the UAE regulatory regime whilst minimising interruption to clients’ business operations. We have advised on the sell side of the more significant, recent transactions in the logistics sector in the UAE.
- Advised a multinational company on a management buy-out of the branch operations of a foreign company in the UAE, and their field force in the UAE and in Bahrain consisting of over 500 consultants and administrative staff in the UAE and Bahrain.
- Acted for a UAE-based company with regard to the private placement of shares to private equity groups.
- Acted for a leading Dubai-based investment house with regard to the acquisition of an interest in an airline through a convertible bond issue.
- Seller’s counsel in the multi-million dollar sale of equity in regional logistics business to a European transport corporation.
- Purchaser’s counsel in connection with the acquisition of a US$1 billion real estate development.
- Acted for a Saudi private equity investor in the multi-million dollar sale of equity in a media enterprise.