Real Estate and Construction
Our Real Estate team’s in-depth understanding of the legal and business environments in the UAE and the region, combined with its strong relationships with government authorities, enables it to provide commercially astute and trusted advice to clients.
The team regularly represents master developers, sub-developers, property owners, architects, engineers, contractors and government entities in all stages of the real estate and construction processes. The team has a wealth of experience in advising on purchase and sale transactions, hotel management structuring and transactions, leasing, jointly owned property strategies and documentation, and related court cases and arbitrations. We are highly sought after for our strategic legal advice and are also active in providing constructive feedback to government organisations regarding regional laws and regulations pertaining to investment, corporate governance and real estate.
- Advised client in relation to the sale of the Ritz-Carlton hotel in the Dubai International Financial Centre (‘DIFC’).
- Advising major local developer on the preparation of strata documentation pursuant to the DIFC’s Strata Title Law for the multi-billion dirham iconic 80 storey, 328 metre mixed-use Index Tower development in the DIFC.
- Strategic cross-border and transactional advice to one of the largest and most prominent regional developers with respect to its multi-billion dollar project in Ajman, UAE.
- Drafting transactional documents and attending to transaction particulars for a European company, with respect to its UAE real estate assets as part of its global AED7 billion bankruptcy.
- Strategic and transactional advice to client on its AED1 billion worth of projects’ structuring in Dubai Marina and Jumeirah Village in Dubai.
- Advised banks on AED750 million credit facility for construction of Burj Dubai.
- Advised banks on SAR800 million credit facility for construction of the Hotel Tower Residences in Makkah.
- Advised Nakheel in AED9.9 billion dredging contract for Palm Deira.
- Advised Nakheel on various infrastructure and construction contracts including district cooling, water treatment and Palm Monorail.
- Advised UAE developer regarding AED6 billion residential, commercial, retail and hotel development project in Dubailand, Dubai.
- Advised A&A Investment Holding Company LLC with respect to an AED1.2 billion residential, commercial and hotel development project in Jumeirah Village South (Quattro West).
- Advised European hotel operator regarding an AED400 million residential, commercial and hotel development project in Jumeirah Lake Towers, Dubai.