Business Continuity at Afridi & Angell
16 March 2020
As the COVID-19 coronavirus continues to spread, we want to take this opportunity to inform you of our business continuity and safeguarding procedures.
Our staff and clients safety and health concerns are our top priority. We are taking the necessary precautions to continue with our daily operations and ensure the safety of our employees, clients, families and the community. We are paying close attention to every development to make informed and responsible decisions regarding all necessary adjustments to normal practices.
We have, so far, taken the following steps to combat coronavirus and maintain business continuity:
- All Afridi & Angell offices are continuing business as usual until further notice.
- Ongoing testing of software, systems and arrangements for flexible working. We are ensuring our personnel have the proper resources and capacity to work effectively from any location.
- Frequent communication, where required, with staff to provide status updates with regard to coronavirus and its consequences.
- Contingency planning so the firm is prepared for any updated government guidance on self-isolation and working from home, allowing business to continue as normal.
- Restricting travel except in exceptional circumstances or in order to meet a specific client need.
- Postponing all our external events until circumstances permit us to reschedule.
- Implementing enhanced disinfecting protocols in all offices.
We will continue to take all necessary measures to maintain business operations while ensuring the health and safety of all personnel and clients involved. We remain at your disposal to assist with any concerns that you may have, including the legal implications of coronavirus for your business and stakeholders.
If you have any further questions relating to this matter, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We will keep you abreast of any further developments in our efforts to deal with the coronavirus outbreak, and we wish you well during this challenging time.
Recent Afridi & Angell inBriefs and Updates on COVID-19
Restrictions or Temporary Suspension on Businesses
Restriction on Travel / Transportation
Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA): https://www.khda.gov.ae/en/safetyatschools