Ronnie DabbasiSenior Associate, Dubai Office
Email Ronnie Dabbasi
Mr Dabbasi joined the firm in 2011. His practice consists of corporate and commercial, private equity, venture capital and finance matters. He has experience with cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions, project finance transactions, and fund formation and management. He also advises on a broad range of public and private equity transactions, early and growth stage venture capital finan
Mr Dabbasi joined the firm in 2011. His practice consists of corporate and commercial, private equity, venture capital and finance matters. He has experience with cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions, project finance transactions, and fund formation and management. He also advises on a broad range of public and private equity transactions, early and growth stage venture capital financings, convertible debt and mezzanine financings, and acquisitions and dispositions in the energy, technology media and telecommunications sectors. Mr Dabbasi is also a lead associate for hospitality transactions and represents hotel and restaurant owners and operators.
Prior to joining Afridi & Angell, Mr Dabbasi worked as a corporate associate with another law firm in Dubai, and with a global law firm in New York.
His notable transaction experience includes:
- Advising a private equity fund regarding US$250 million debt and equity financing for its oil and gas, coal mining, wind power, and electric power infrastructure projects.
- Advising a public sector energy provider in its acquisition of power plants and infrastructure equipment valued at US$350 million.
- Advising owners, operators, and investors in purchases and sales of restaurants and hotels valued at over US$300 million.
- Advising a transportation conglomerate regarding its equity and convertible debt investment in a mobile application valued at US$10 million.
- Advising venture capitalists, fund managers, incubators, crowd funding investors, and entrepreneurs regarding MENA region venture capital financing.
- Advising an oil and gas conglomerate in connection with registration, licensing, and import/export issues regarding its Middle East petroleum drilling operations.
- Advising owners, operators, and investors regarding hotel management and investment structures in the Gulf States.
- Advising an international bank in its acquisition of insurance products valued at US$50 million and receivables valued at US$75 million.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Corporate and Commercial
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Venture Capital
QUALIFICATIONS AND ADMISSIONS
- State Bar of New York
- State Bar of Texas
- JD, University of Texas School of Law, 2007
- BBA, University of Texas, 2004
- New UAE Funds Regime, Afridi & Angell inBrief, March 2017
- Mind the Gap: Bridge Finance, Arabian Business Start Up Magazine, March 2016
- Venture Capital Investment: Market and Regulatory Overview (UAE chapter), 2016/17, Practical Law Global Guide
- Making Monetary Sense: [The How-To] Understand Your VC Term Sheet, Entrepreneur Middle East, February 2015
- Acquisition Finance (UAE chapter), 2015, Getting The Deal Through
- Hedge Funds Jurisdictional Comparisons (UAE chapter), 2nd Edition, 2014, The European Lawyer Reference
- The Asset Management Review (UAE chapter), 1st edition, 2012, The Law Reviews