Litigation 2.0: New Year’s (2023) Legal Update Webinar Series
Chatura Randeniya and Mevan Bandara
On 2 January 2023, three pieces of federal legislation came into effect which, if implemented as envisaged, will arguably make the most significant changes to litigation in the on-shore Dubai Courts since the UAE was established.
The three laws are:
- Federal Decree Law 42/2022 on Civil Procedures;
- Federal Decree Law 35/2022 on Evidence in Civil and Commercial Transactions; and
- Federal Decree Law 34/2022 on Regulating the Advocacy and Legal Consultancy Professions.
In this webinar, partners Chatura Randeniya and Mevan Bandara discussed the significant changes introduced by these laws in onshore litigation, including:
- Introduction of English Language Courts
- Service of Summons
- Jurisdiction of Court
- Specialised Courts
- Conduct of proceedings
- Writ of Debt/Payment Order
Click Here for the webinar recording.