Ananya joined Afridi & Angell in 2023. Her practice includes banking and finance, and general corporate and commercial matters. Ananya advises companies and financial institutions on a range of local and cross-border financing and commercial transactions.
Prior to joining Afridi and Angell, Ananya worked as associate at Cyril Amarchand and Mangaldas, Mumbai (a leading law firm in India) and as a senior legal manager (in-house lawyer) at ICICI Bank (Mumbai).
Some of Ananya’s notable matters include:
- Advised a Spanish bank on a USD 150 million term loan facility, including structuring and registering various UAE security.
- Advised a local bank on a USD 20 million ship financing facility.
- Advised a Russian bank on a EUR 2.62 billion term loan facility, including structuring and registration of various UAE security in multiple freezones.
- Advised a Russian bank on a EUR 5.77 billion, term loan facility including structuring and registration of various UAE security in multiple freezones.
- Advised a leading UAE airline company on a term loan facility of USD 27.2 million.
- Advised a syndicate of international banks on a USD 830 million financing comprising term loan, cap ex and revolving facility, including structuring and registering the UAE securities.
- Advising a Russian bank on the structuring and registration of the UAE security package for an overseas financing.
- Advised a European bank on an export credit support financing to a leading UAE company.
- Advised ICICI Bank on granting financial assistance ranging between INR 6 million to INR 2 billion to large Indian and global conglomerates.
- Advised a fortune 500 company and a leading financial institution on granting term loans and working capital loans.
- Advised a startup company on issuance of convertible notes.