Stephanie joined Afridi & Angell in 2023. She advises clients in domestic and cross border transactions in connection with acquisitions, divestitures, mergers and corporate restructuring matters. She has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating various legal documents including sale and purchase agreements, joint venture agreements, shareholder agreements, escrow agreements, corporate guarantees and non-disclosure agreements.
Prior to joining Afridi & Angell, Stephanie was an associate at a leading law firm in Mumbai. She has extensive knowledge and experience in relation to general corporate, mergers and acquisitions and private equity laws and practices in India.
- Advising a construction engineering company on its joint venture with a local engineering and construction company in Abu Dhabi.
- Advising multiple foreign companies on the establishment and incorporation of special purpose vehicles/holding companies in the Abu Dhabi Global Markets (ADGM).
- Advising a foreign company on restructuring and transfer of interests in group companies located in the UAE free zones.
- Representing an investment advisory firm on its fund raising through the issuance of optionally convertible redeemable preference shares.
- Representing a private equity fund on its minority investment in a pharmaceutical and biotechnology company.
- Represented Reliance Retail Ventures Limited along with its wholly owned subsidiary, Reliance Retail and Fashion Lifestyle Limited, on acquisition of the entire retail & wholesale, logistics and warehousing business of the Future Group. Assisted in due diligence of Future Consumer Limited and assisted in review of disclosure letter under the transaction documents.
- Representing Vopak India B.V. on its acquisition of 49 per cent shareholding in a pan-India joint venture entity with Aegis Logistics Limited which created one of the largest independent tank storage companies for LPG and chemicals.