Suditi is an experienced lawyer in corporate transactions, including public and private M&A, private equity, joint ventures, corporate governance and corporate re-organisations with a special focus on cross-border transactions.
Suditi advises clients operating in various sectors such as insurance, mutual funds, asset management, financial services, healthcare, food and beverage, trading and manufacturing as well as fintech, IT and data driven businesses.
Representative transactional experience includes:
- Advised a Japanese conglomerate on the acquisition of a 22 per cent stake in an Indian listed company.
- Advised a multinational entity on the acquisition of an Indian listed conglomerate’s retail, wholesale business, logistics and warehousing business.
- Advised an Indian company on the acquisition of a 100 per cent stake in a listed cement company.
- Advised an Indian promoter group in relation to an acquisition of 21 per cent by an international private equity fund.
- Advised a Spanish fashion house in relation to the formation of a 50-50 joint venture with an Indian garment manufacturing entity.
- Advised an Indian listed financial services entity on various secondary acquisitions of companies engaged in IT services and financial management.
- Advised an Indian promoter group on its exit from its mutual fund joint venture with an American financial services conglomerate.
- Advised the Indian branch of a South African bank on slump sale of its microfinance business to an Indian microfinance institution.
Prior to joining Afridi & Angell, Suditi worked for 6 years at the Mumbai office of Khaitan & Co.