Tanya supports lawyers on a wide range of dispute resolution and corporate and commercial matters.
Tanya regularly assists the disputes team in:
- Drafting memoranda for proceedings before the courts in the UAE (employment disputes, debt recovery, etc).
- Drafting submissions/assistance in proceedings in the DIAC and DIFC-LCIA.
- Research on several aspects of the UAE law (commercial agency, insurance, labour, etc).
- Drafting criminal complaint(s).
She also assists the corporate team in:
- Document management and preparing due diligence reports/investigations.
- Preparing memoranda of advice for clients.
- Incorporation of companies’ in DIFC or ADGM.
- Preparing UBO registers for onshore companies and companies incorporated in JAFZA.
Prior to joining Afridi & Angell, Tanya gained extensive experience through several internships at leading law firms in India, including an internship at the Supreme Court of India.