Tyne has worked on several high-profile commercial, VAT, insurance, and litigation matters, and has extensive experience in litigation and commercial law. He practices within all forms of Dispute resolution including ADGM and DIFC litigation and Arbitration.
Before moving to Dubai, Tyne practiced law in South Africa for eight years and was the Head of Insurance Litigation at a prominent South African firm.
Tyne holds an LLB from the University of Kwa-Zulu Natal Howard College and has been admitted to the High Court of South Africa in 2012, with rights of Appearance in the High Court.
His notable transactions include:
- Attending to manage and defend numerous malicious actions brought against a client and their business partners in numerous jurisdictions around the world including the DIFC for alleged breach of Trust Duty, including the defending and defeating of Freezing Orders. Claim value 40 million Euro.
- Attending to act for a well-known Ship Builder and Repairer and obtain attachment orders in different jurisdictions for sums owed and further dealing with BIMCO contracts.
- Acting for a well-known UAE banking institution for recovery of a USD150,000,000 claim against numerous different entities dealing with fraud allegations and defences.
- Acting for a well-known Kuwaiti Banking institution in recovery of US$50,000,000 and having to transfer the action from Kuwait to DIFC.
- Recovering sums owed for a well-known international media conglomerate in as well as obtaining both positive and negative injunctions.
- Setting aside multimillion US$ contracts for a large real estate developer due to misrepresentation of facts.
- Handling a dispute between an investment fund and its corporate tenants.