Post summer regional update
Shahram Safai and Charles Laubach
Afridi & Angell hosted a breakfast seminar in collaboration with the Association of Corporate Counsel Middle East, during which Charles Laubach (partner) and Shahram Safai (partner) discussed some of the new developments that transpired over the last few months which could impact on doing business in the UAE as well as the wider region.
The seminar included:
- An update on the latest developments in the Qatar crisis situation.
- A discussion of the United States re-imposing sanctions on Iran that had been lifted as a part of the Iran nuclear deal.
- A general update on the UAE Commercial Companies Law including a discussion on the recently announced 100 percent foreign ownership of companies in the UAE.
- A general update on the UAE employment law including new visa rules that have been introduced.
- A general update on UAE real estate.