Danielle LoboCounsel, Dubai Office
Email Danielle Lobo
Ms Lobo practises corporate and commercial law and considerable experience in in a wide range of corporate matters including private equity transactions, acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, restructurings and reorganisations.
Ms Lobo joined Afridi & Angell in 2010. Prior to joining the firm, she trained at and was a solicitor with a global firm in Scotland.
Her notable transactional experience includes:
- acting for an American based packaging solutions group with revenue of over US$6.6 billion on its global reorganisation and capital reduction programme involving multiple foreign jurisdictions;
- acting for the vendors on the US$275 million disposal of MTEM Limited to Petroleum Geo-Services AS which was later shortlisted for "UK Deal of the Year" at the European Venture Capital Awards;
- advising Moody’s Corporation on its European group reorganisation and debt restructuring;
- acting for Poyry Energy AG on the cross border acquisition of IGL Consultants Limited; and
- acting for the Capita Group on numerous business sales.
- acting on behalf of the vendors in the disposal of the Fitness First clubs in the UAE, Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Qatar to the Landmark Group
- acting for the purchaser in its acquisition of an interest in an Iraqi company which operates a steel manufacturing plant in Erbil, Kurdistan;
- acting on behalf of management in relation to the sale of an interest in a Jebel Ali Free Zone company to a leading IT and software development company;
- acting as local counsel in relation to the transfer of the business and assets of the Philips television division involving 26 jurisdictions into a joint venture group to be operated by Philips and TPV;
- acting for CER in relation to the disposal of a 20.1% interest in a project company in Pakistan which operates a 551 MW combine cycle gas turbine; and
- acting for Dubai Investments Industries on a joint venture with Dach Advisory Group to operate the Dubai campus of Modul University, Vienna.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Corporate and Commercial
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity
QUALIFICATIONS AND ADMISSIONS
- Law Society of Scotland
- LLB (Hons), University of Aberdeen, Scotland, 2004
- ADGM Announces Tech Start-Up Licensing Regime, Afridi & Angell Legal Alert, 14 October 2018
- The Mergers & Acquisitions Review, The Law Reviews, 2018
- Private equity in the United Arab Emirates: market and regulatory overview, Practical Law Global Guide, 2018
- UAE - A developing destination for international business, The Lawyer, 5 September 2016
- Corporate Governance (UAE chapter), 2014/2015, International Comparative Legal Guide
- Corporate Exit Strategies and Legal Considerations, Lawyer Monthly, June 2013
- Company Directors (UAE chapter), 2013, European Lawyer Reference